Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Halloween Pins - 2013

Halloween is fast approaching! I can't lie- fall is my absolute FAVORITE season, and Halloween especially gives me a great reason to break out the craft supplies and deck out the house from top to bottom. We all know how much I love Pinterest, so as I've been searching for my latest fall inspiration, I thought I would share my top 5 Halloween-themed pins with you!

Let's start with my absolute favorite pumpkin-related DIY:

 
Cover pumpkins with patterned nylons- gives a classy, unique look without carving! And they last longer when not carved- extra plus!


Now, my favorite DIY kid costume:

 
Cotton candy! Just a simple t-shirt, poster board (to make the cone), pillow fill, spray paint, and elastic. Low cost, versatile (could be done in any color - for a boy or girl), and super easy! Need a last minute costume idea? Here ya go!

While we are on the subject of costumes, here's my favorite DIY adult costume:

 
Voodoo doll - once again, very versatile, and creepy without being over-the-top. Looks simple enough, dowels, foam balls, an old shirt, a felt heart, and a wig. Would definitely get people talking at a Halloween party!

Out of ALL of the numerous wreath tutorials on Pinterest, this one definitely takes the cake for me:

 
Love the skull, the tulle, the colors...everything! It's creepy and cute without being over-the-top. (Who says you have to do everything orange and black?) Not to mention, The36thAvenue happens to be one of my favorite blogs of all time. I think she was one of the first people I started following on Pinterest.
 
And last but not least:

 
Cutest way to makeover your porch/outdoor space this fall: attach some of these DIY spooky eyes to your existing outdoor bench.
 
Now that I've gone over all of my boards with a fine-toothed comb to bring you this post, I'd better get going and start putting some of these ideas into motion. I hope you do the same!
 
Happy Halloween!!
 
Until next time,
Jess
My Beautiful Midwest Life


Linking up to:

Its Hump Day! Ducks 'n a Row

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea!! Stopping by Wordless Wednesday have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you join us on our Four Seasons Blog Hop on Thursdays. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete