Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fall Project: Thankful Garland!

It's officially November! Is everyone as excited as I am? I'm already starting to count down to my favorite holiday of the year: Thanksgiving! So, naturally, I decided to do a little fun art project with my daughter to try and teach her a little about the meaning of Thanksgiving.

A Thankful Garland!

First, I printed out one of the fall coloring pages I mentioned in an earlier post, and had her help me color it. While we were coloring, I talked to her about what it means to be thankful for something. Then, we made a list of the things we are thankful for and I wrote them in sharpie on each shape. (We had pumpkins, leaves, corn cobs, and acorns) Then, we cut out the shapes, I made a cute little banner-shaped WordArt on the computer, and we attached everything to a piece of yarn (with paper clips) and hung it on the wall! It looks very cute next to my dining room table, and I plan on revisiting the concept with her throughout the month leading up to Thanksgiving.

All in all, the project took about an hour to complete, and I got to teach my 4 year old about one of my favorite (and in my mind, one of the most important) holidays of the year. Win-win! =]

I have a few more fall-themed projects in the works, so stay tuned!
Until next time,
       (and Lea!)

Update: I almost forgot! I got the idea for this awesome craft from Carina Gardner, through a pin on Pinterest. I adapted it to fit my own needs but I need to credit her with the idea nonetheless! [And I'm usually so good about that too! Where is my brain today?]

Also: make sure you enter this great giveaway co-hosted by my friend Angel of Sew Crafty Angel!
crafty Christmas cash giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment